Did you know.....
1. You are entitled to an HHT if you have not already secured accommodation at your destination.
2. Accommodation is not considered “secured” unless you have signed documentation to that effect.
3. If you have applied for a PMQ, but have not been offered one yet – you get an HHT. Even if they say you’re high on the list – if you haven’t signed anything accepting a place, you get an HHT.
Already have a place secured? You are still entitled to a trip to go inspect the accommodations, but the rules are a little different.
1. HHT allotment is 7 days
2. DITs are only 5 days and only one person.
3. DITs are meant to give members the opportunity to inspect their accommodations, as well as make arrangements for things like schooling or medical file transfers.
Regardless if you are taking HHT or a DIT, the process is the same.
1. Obtain your commanding officer’s authorization – BGRS has an HHT/DIT Authorization form in the Documents section of your account (look for it in the BGRS Upload folder). Even if you are being released – if you still have a c/o, you need to get the authorization form signed.